May 31, 2012

The Perfect Summer Wedding...

Memorial Day weekend held a special moment in my heart this year.  One of my dearest friends, Christine, was getting married *sniff* in what amounted to the perfect summer wedding.



The bride, Christine, and I go waaaay back to my first days as a transfer student at Sonoma State University.  At the time, Sonoma State (SSU) had just opened a new set of "apartment-style" dormitories which housed four people in a four bedroom/four bath apartment with shared kitchen/living space.  By luck, I was placed in the same dormitory as this gorgeous girl here:

Halloween 2003
Little did I know that in the coming months Christine and I would become incredibly close bonding over late night sing-alongs to Rent and Moulin Rouge soundtracks (Christine majored in Theater).
















Who knew that months later Christine would introduce me to her high school friend, David, who is now my husband!

3 month dating anniversary 2004
Ren Faire Turkey Legs - YUM!
















In short, I adore this girl to her very core...



Christine's wedding was held at the American River Resort in Coloma, California on a perfect May summer day. 


The location backed directly up to the American River providing a feeling of serenity and nature. 


Choosing a color palette inspired by the sunset, her bridesmaids wore pale yellow and carried a variety of sunflowers.



The bride imparted a vintage feel to her look by styling soft pin curled hair with a single flower, finishing the look with black winged eyeliner, corner lashes and a rich plum lip color (L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Everlasting Plum).


The day was a perfect collection of everything wonderful: Good Food, Good Friends, and Love...so much love.


Many congratulations to the bride and groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment